DescriptionMany therapists/helping professionals work long hours for modest reward, especially during times of economic uncertainty, apparently unaware of other income streams available to them from a relatively minor diversion of their talents and experience.
The corporate world is growing in complexity as a consequence of tightening economic circumstances and increasing competition. Some of the outcomes of recent corporate trends are:
• Increasing stress in the workplace
• Decreasing performance and productivity resulting from this stress
• Increasing inter-personal conflict within organisations
• Increasing silo-mentality and negative corporate politics
• A noticeable tendency for the gap between top performers and others to increase (especially in the area of high-tech sales)
• More organisations considering growth via mergers and acquisitions with the expectation of interpersonal conflict and stress arising from such moves
• Requirement for more people to present to win more business
These organisational realities open great possibilities for therapists via the offering of a range of services including, but not necessarily limited to:
• Teaching advanced communication skills
• Facilitating conflict resolution
• Coaching senior and line managers in dealing with corporate conflict and poor communication
• Teaching stress avoidance and stress management skills and techniques
• Helping people overcome fears associated with public speaking and dealing with senior people (among other phobias)
Not all corporate opportunities arise from the more negative aspects of corporate life. More up-beat opportunities exist for therapists to translate their skills to corporate application by addressing the quite extensive range of subjects of particular current interest to organisations that are raised in the External Audit section of this article.
In short, the corporate world offers amazing untapped opportunities for the entrepreneurial therapist seeking new outlets for his or her skills and impressive additional income streams as well.
|Period||13 Jun 2013|
|Event title||The 5th International Conference on Hypno-Psychotherapy|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|